Information and Communications Department
The Department is headed by a Commissioner of Information and Communication - Mr. Nicholas Abola.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating the Directorate’s Communication Strategies and public awareness programs.
- Developing and maintaining an Information Management system to guide the operation of the Directorate’s Resource Centre.
- Coordination of information sharing with Inter Agency Forum members and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the implementation of government Information, Communication Technology (ICT) policy and strategies; these includes, efficient running of the ICT services; website and internet services for the Directorate.
- Developing, updating, acquiring, upkeep, maintenance, safety and security of the ICT facilities and capacity building in the Directorate.